Saturday, February 4, 2012

Life in the Burg :)

So I'm a little behind in this blogging thing...ha ha hopefully I'll be able to get it down some day. So last semester I took a infant and toddler class and at the end of the class we had to make a toddler toy for our final. So I decided to make (hand sewn) a stuffed elephant for a little perfect girl we will have some day. It was so much fun making it! It took longer than I thought because I had to make my own pattern and the sewing by hand thing took a lil while. but overall I loved the experience. The really funny thing is this was right before Christmas and it drove Cody crazy because he bought me a sewing machine and couldn't stand me doing it by hand but he didn't want to ruin the surprise, so he sat and watched trying not to say or get the sewing machine out for me to use. ha ha he is just so darn cute!!! He puts up with me so well :)





We both are so busy with working that some days we only see and spend time together for maybe 1 1/2-2 hours. Those days are the roughest. But we do get lucky when I get most of the day off on one of his days off. When it is warm enough out side we love to go shooting :)  I figure if we are going to have guns I need to know how to shoot well and to feel comfortable with them. For Cody's Birthday (December 29) I gave him these exploding targets, we haven't used them yet but he was so excited to get them!!! 


Ha ha funny story, when I first shot this rifle I wasn't ready/prepared for the hit I got back in my shoulder. I was sore for a few days. Also it never crossed my mind that it mattered how close I got to the scope...I got scoped...No worries though I wasn't close enough to get a broken nose or blood to show for it, only a couple little scrapes and a small session of laughter from my husband after he saw that I was okay. ha ha who could blame him. I probably looked ridiculous. 

Another really fun adventure that we had was when my brother Keith and sister-in-law Michaela invited us to go dog sledding with them up in Jackson Hole. They were up there working for the Christmas season and were able to take us on a morning run that was a blast! All the dogs were Alaskan Huskies, which are way way smaller than I thought they were. We were also tending a dog then so she came up with us. Her name is Bell and she is the best dog ever! We got to babysit her for 2 weeks and we loved it. It was nice not being a lone during the day and at night when I would wait for Cody to come home. We both were really sad to give her back. We got used to going on walks and playing fetch with her forever.  

Cody Helped Keith put the harnesses on the dogs and to get them ready to go on the run. 

 We were able to be the mushers for a little while, which was so much fun!!!!


This was after the run :) Bell was really glad to get out and stretch.  We had to keep her in the car, she didn't like the dog kennels at all.
 
Something that I was doing for a little while ago was redecorating this Lady's room. She works with Cody at Teton Toyota and some how he was telling her how I love decorating and all of a sudden I had my 1st client for something that I love doing! She was switching into her daughters room...which was BRIGHT orange. So I had a lot to do to make it look like an elegant grown up women's room. It was a blast! I was able to apply what I've been wanting to do and want to do when I see a room not decorated to it's full potential. 

Here are the before pictures (sorry about the quality of the pics my camera has been acting a lil funny lately)





Pictures of the the first 2 coats of primer...I had to do 3...some places 4. CRAZY!!





THE AFTER PICTURES...sadly the pictures can't really show how great it turned out. The pictures make it look a little off, but trust me it wasn't at all :)





Cody has been doing great at his job!!! For the month of December he was tied for #1 salesman, meaning the most person with car sales. Last month was also great! And this month is going fantastic. It's only the 4th and he has sold 3 cars already, and hopefully he'll get one today. He works so hard. Some days he is gone for 13-15 hours...like yesterday!! I'm so proud of him and think he's absolutely amazing! He is also a sweet heart...yes this is me just bragging and talking about my husband...which I have the right to do since this is my blog :)  Lately when we have time together we got shot gun looking and motorcycle finding. This might sound boring but we have so much fun, and I am learning SOOOO much about guns/motorcycles. We went just a few days ago and had a blast! We have decided that we want to invest in a motorcycle with summer coming close and gas prices going up...ha ha but to be honest if I had to pick something with low gas miles I would pick a Toyota PRIUS :) I love those cars! We rented one one time to go down to Boise and I fell in love with it :) and weirdly enough Cody's work just got a trade in with one and we would be able to get a heck of deal on it...but how not fun would it be to get your dream car sooo soon, and I'm being honest, so we aren't going to get it. So we are still on the hunt for a motorcycle that has a great price tag on it. 

Any way....I think I'm done for today... <3

2 comments:

  1. Cute little elephant. You are so talented. You have a very cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna the room is beautiful! ha ha you wanna come redecorate my room? I think it's been needing a lil bit of a face lift, but I have no talent for decorating...lol

    ReplyDelete